Sommelier – The Aubrey
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Front of House team as Sommelier at one of London’s most anticipated Restaurant openings of the year, The Aubrey.
The Aubrey is a Japanese Izakaya & Bar concept with 132 covers and a private dining room serving brunch, dinner and late night drinks. Our menu features classic dishes from Japanese cuisine, in interpretations that adapt and change with the seasons.
The restaurant has been created as a partnership between Maximal Concepts and Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London. Maximal Concepts is a Hong Kong-based company that has since expanded to locations including Singapore, Las Vegas and Vancouver.
We are looking for engaging, passionate and kind Sommeliers to bring this new concept to life. Previous experience in a similar role and within a fast paced environment would be a distinct advantage. You will learn from some of the best in the industry. We encourage personal development and opportunities to grow within Mandarin Oriental are endless.
You will be able to embody five-star service and our Oriental heritage. A passion and interest in Japanese cuisine and service is desirable alongside a genuine desire to provide a welcoming, tailored and unforgettable dining experience for our guests.
About the role:
You will deliver the highest standards of hospitality and service
Put your in-depth knowledge of wines, sake and speciality drinks into practice
You will be exposed to Japanese cuisine and food & drink pairings
You will engage with our guests, get to know our regulars and deliver a memorable and enchanting experience
You will work and serve on the floor. This is a fast-paced environment that suits friendly and outgoing personalities.
Prior experience in a high volume night life environment is desirable and a true passion for wine, spirits and service is a must.
We offer our Sommelier world class benefits, including but not limited to:
- Complimentary & discounted stays at our beautiful Hotels
- Access to discounts and deals with over 200 popular high street retailers, including discounted gym memberships and travel deals
- Westfield Health cash plan, with children added at no extra cost
- Colleague Experience Stay in-house with breakfast included upon completed probation
- 50% F&B & Spa discount
- Friends & Family hotel rate and Spa discount
- Season ticket loan & cycle to work scheme
- Generous recruitment referral bonus
- Free meals on duty & uniform dry-cleaning services
- Increased holiday entitlement with Length of Service, up to 33 days annual leave
- Life Insurance benefits whilst in service
- Highly discounted podiatry sessions
- Financial wellbeing, financial planning and mortgage advice workshops
- Employee Recognition Programmes
- Employee Assistance Program through Hospitality Action
- Social, wellbeing, charity, and sporting events throughout the year
- 1 paid Charity day per year to dedicate to a charity of your choice
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities for all levels of staff
- Excellent career progression with an iconic, luxury, global hotel brand
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.