A great opportunity for a passionate and experience wine professional to join the team at The Ritz, London.
For over a century The Ritz has been the benchmark by which other hotels are measured.
At every opportunity, our employees at the Ritz London create a positive, memorable and magical experience for both our customers and colleagues. We offer stylish service delivered by immaculate individuals. Our astonishing, breath-taking interiors attract guests from all over the world. We are proud of being the benchmark by which other hotels are measured.
We have a great opportunity for a passionate wine professional; we are currently recruiting for an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated professional Sommelier to recommend various wines and the full range of beverages to our guest to enjoy with their lunch / dinner at The Ritz Fine Dining Restaurant.
You must be passionate in delivering and conveying service excellence – this role requires you to provide a warm welcome on arrival. As a Sommelier, you must be fully conversant with all of our menus within the Restaurant, in particular the wine list, vintages and stock availability. Our Sommeliers are encouraged to up-sell wines and cross sell to our Food & Beverage Outlets. You must also be knowledgeable of all other Food & Beverage Outlets including the Hotel.
- Hotel / Fine Dining Restaurant experience is essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Enthusiastic in delivering service excellence
- A natural ability to sell.
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and have strong organisational skills
- Has a good command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Display a polite and professional attitude to internal and external guests
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Instant reward and recognition scheme
- 28 holidays (including bank holidays)
- Opportunity to work for a well renowned Hotel
- Experience in luxury hotel industry
- Development and training prospects
- Employee discount scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Eligibility: In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Due the high volume of applicants, if you have not heard from us within 7 days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.