We are looking for a hospitality professional, passionate about Italian wines to join our expanding team.
Locanda Locatelli, one of the finest Michelin-starred restaurants, established by Italian celebrity chef Giorgio Locatelli, a world-renowned Italian chef who has brought a taste of northern Italy to Londoners for more than two decades.
Giorgio is an award-winning Italian chef known for his critically acclaimed cookbooks and now a tv star back in his native Italy and the UK he has successfully retained the Michelin title for his family restaurant since 2003, renowned for its conviviality and the quality of its food.
Our iconic restaurant has an exciting new position for a charming and dynamic Commis Sommelier/Sommelier (depending on experience) to join the team and ensure we deliver an enjoyable and memorable dining experience for our guests.
As a Commis Sommelier/Sommelier, you will be involved in providing the best service to customers working within our FOH team and you will have access to the fine dining restaurant’s impressive 600/650-bin wine list.
We offer industry-leading pay, extensive training, and plenty and lots of opportunities for building your career with us. It’s an opportunity to work and grow within a dynamic team to help you flourish within our iconic restaurant.
With our knowledgeable team and growing community of sommeliers throughout the group, there will be plenty of opportunity for you to expand your knowledge and refine your skills, with regular tastings on offer as well as company support for WSET qualifications.
As a Commis Sommelier/Sommelier, what we would like from you;
- Have excellent guest relations skills
- Be a great team player with strong communication skills
- A good command of English language and the ability to communicate confidently
- Confident suggesting and recommending wines to customers
- Providing excellent service to all guests in line with our standards
In return, we are offering:
- A salary of £36,000/£38,000 dependent on experience (inclusive of share of tronc) based on 48 hour working week
- Performance based bonus
- Staff meals
- In house training and WSET training courses
- Opportunities to visit wine producers in Italy
- 50% off food at Locanda Locatelli restaurant